Found my Next Business

For months I have been looking for a new business venture to setup within a fifty mile radius of my home.  It has been a long time since I have started anything new, and I have been craving a new challenge.  Instead of picking something at random, I have been listening and watching the market looking for a good opportunity to jump in.

I think I have found it.

While browsing a local sale for barbers & stylists aprons I overheard a conversation between a couple of business owners.  I guess the local hair care supplies shop owner was looking to retire and was trying to sell their shop.  Like many businesses trying to change hands, this one had no one that was interested.

I decided that it was worth a look.

I met with the owner and asked if we could go over the numbers as I was interested in buying his shop.  Pouring over the accounting records showed me exactly what I was looking for – the business was profitable and had been for years.  It was going to be a profitable investment provided I could get a price that I could live with.

Which is exactly what I did.

The shop will be having its grand opening in just a couple of weeks and I am so excited to see how we make out with it.  I’m thinking that it will be the shining jewel of my investment portfolio.

Recommended Money Makers

  • Squidoo
  • Hub Pages
  • Business Opportunities
  • One Asset Per Day